Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
My concern is, regardless of the issue, OICs can be used to circumvent the democratic process. This is the case here. Once it starts, you cannot close Pandora's box. I would add that left unchecked, any party can use this in the future. For me at least, this isn't just about firearms. It's about abusing a parliamentary process.

A number of us were discussing this (digitally) yesterday and we all had the same conclusion / concern. This is an abuse of the parliamentary process and once done will be followed in the future by the Liberals for other pet agendas and then there is the potential for abuse by other governing parties should an election change the results.

Further slime on this is the back room dealings with the NDP and Bloc that had to occur. Neither party is protesting this. Had this been debated in Parliament both parties would have had to step forward to show their intentions and faced backlash in some areas.

Unfortunately our MP is the only NDP elected in Alberta - Heather McPherson (useless and missing in action --- will not respond to email or letters). She has correspondence from a number of people in this riding that are pointed and questioning her position particularly to the the petition that is in place --- zero response. So you know a deal was made.

I am not sure what if anything will be done to get rid of Socks and his gang of incompetent thieves when he has support from the Maritimes, Quebec and urban Ontario. He just needs enough support to continue to broker deals with the Bloc and NDP who both are lapping at the edges of the throne of power for their little piece of the action. Just totally frustrating.

Hugh