Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
That's why you remain incapable of solving problems. You do not contribute. You only blame. You do not participate. You whine.

The fact that the Liberals used OICs in this manner is hardly the East's fault. Contribute, don't whine. Stay on message. Help.

Going forward, the various organizations will question the actions of the govt and attempt to affect change.

Lead. Follow. Or get out of the way.

What a cowardly edit of willful ignorance. What happened to all these comments being directed toward the West in general? Now all of a sudden they are sneakily directed towards me personally. I started off with a respectful tone toward you, and as usual you are the arrogant, self-deluded source of conflict. You certainly are a Legend in your own mind, but nobody else’s. You are NOT some dictator that decides which issues are important and which ones are not. The OIC is a big problem, but to some of us there exists another problem that is even bigger, and has been a problem for far longer than Trudeau Jr’s use of the OIC: the abusive relationship between Eastern Canada and Western Canada.

It seems as though I have voted in every federal election since I came of legal age decades ago. In the last couple of months I have written a half-dozen handwritten letters to government officials and sent them by snail mail. In the past few weeks I have signed some official petitions on this topic. I am a paying member of the CCFR and CSSA. Alberta ALWAYS contributes more than it receives, and has fundamentally disproportionate representation in Ottawa. I have not blamed anyone in this thread. I have simply pointed out a common Western sentiment, and despite your cowardly ignorance of the issue, it is real and widespread in the West. This gun ban only aggravates a pre-existing and growing sentiment of enmity between the cultural values of the East and the West. A sentiment of separation. THAT is the bigger message here, because frankly you and other self-important, conceited easterners are what we want to separate from. The OIC problem is another issue, and that’ll be up to you to solve once Trudeau is the leader of your beloved Eastern Canada. Western Canada will be able to write legislation that is free from tyrannical backdoor instruments like the OIC, in the first place. Until that happens, I will continue to be vocal and fight against the Liberal agenda of disarming the citizenry, and particularly the use of undemocratic means (like the OIC) to accomplish that goal. But the momentum for separation is growing and is fuelled by things like gun bans, whether you like it or not.

It’s unproductive to go back and forth with you, now that you’ve chosen to turn this discussion between us into a personal conflict, so as usual you won’t be able to stop yourself from having the last word. Enjoy.

Well said and this totally the fault of the east voting for this agenda.