Interesting question.

In the several years I've known Canadians, I've found some tough, hardy, fine people from Coast to Coast, especially in the rural areas, whether it be in the West or in the Eastern Maritimes.

Unfortunately the Maritimers, with their seasonal occupations, have been brainwashed into voting for the Liberal Govt due to the off season handouts that they receive.

As far as an uprising against their government - I doubt that'll happen; most Canadians tend to not think in terms of active dissent against their government.

The prevalent thought among the few hunters I've spoken to, is "doesn't affect me, I only have bolt actions & a pump shotgun".

There're exceptions to the above, but too few in numbers, and not predisposed to an armed struggle against the Govt, except for a couple small indigenous bands on a couple of occasions.

The fact that the voting population that decides an election outcome is concentrated in 3 large cities only means that in a matter of a few short years, there'll likely be very few or no legal firearms.

Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Do you anticipate the Canadian gun owners to respond
like the Kiwis? Simply ignore it and go on?

Low speed, high drag