Originally Posted by North61
I have calmed down somewhat. Sorry to my Eastern brothers for my earlier post. It isn't your fault how your neighbors voted just as is it isn't my fault how mine did and so I think Western Separatism will never fly. I can't stand Trudeau or his Daddy and I am appalled that we would elect such a man. However, my own neighbors voted for him here in the Yukon and we have the hilariously inept Larry Bagnell as our "representative". If there is an answer it will be through staying calm and building our coalition. Turning on one another will not help. A place to start might be in convincing our own 45% that the Order In Council ban is antidemocratic and bodes ill for all of us whether we are hurt by this particular list or not.

For myself I will help work to ensure that our elected "REP" Larry get's defeated on this one. The next List could be even worse if there is no cost to this one. Trudeau worked a bit cleverly to create a wedge issue withboth the appearance of action for Leftists and enough softening measures to try and divide us. Lets make sure that doesn't happen. I regret Lumping the East together, It isn't true. We all have ideological brothers and sisters in every part of the country.

As was mentioned early on in this thread, like-minded people are welcome to move west. But the numbers don't lie. Of course not every individual that lives east of Manitoba is a leftist, gun-banning Liberal supporter, but the generalization is true that there exists a broad-based geographical divide of cultural values. Just look at the map of the previous federal election results. To clarify the point we can look at a more dramatic example: we also have ideological brothers and sisters in the Middle East, but that doesn't mean that there isn't a generalized difference in the cultural values of the two locations. Ultimately, there are people with similar ideologies in all locations on the globe, but I think that division of governance and national separation works best when divided by ideological and cultural values on a general scale.