Originally Posted by greydog
You sad, sorry, brainless, twit. I should have known that a description was beyond any chance for you to understand. Once again, dickweed, the goop does not go on the cap.
The glassbedding of the ring, as a substitute for lapping was done with various combinations just to ensure a decent fit. The first I saw of this was on rifles used by a couple of hillbillies from southern BC (the Forslund brothers), in the mid seventies, and, I'll confess, I copied them. Altering the technique to achieve some elevation enhancement was something I did on my own although I doubt I was the only one. I was trying to get enough elevation to sight a 24x Leupold in at 300m and be able to reach 900 with a 308. By doing this, I was able to get on at 300m with the scope at the bottom of it's adjustment and reach 900 with room to spare. The rings were, and are, any horizontally split ring. Rings like the Burris and Leupold are good. Rings which use angled screws to attach the cap are kind of limited since they can't tolerate much inclination. This was long before Burris was offering their rings with the inserts to accomplish the same thing.
I have to point out, this is something I only do to get more range out of rifles and scopes for F class or high power rifles. For hunting rifles, I don't need to shoot that far and am more in the "set and forget" camp.
I asked myself, before I wrote this, Do I want to go through the trouble of diggin out the old Polaroid so I can make some pictures for this mental midget, in hopes that he will be able to understand. My decision was, hell no, he's not worth the trouble and , even with pictures, he's still stupid so there is no guarantee. Maybe I should put some stuff on You Tube. I mean, if you can do it, how hard can it be. Just on looks alone, I've already got an edge. Add in personality and intelligence and I can't see how it could miss! GD

'475,

I've seen me use both,less issue(s). I ASSURE you,VarmintGal has never even "seen" same,let alone come close to shooting a platform so equipped.

Hint..............(grin)

dumbdog,

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that a coupla tries for you,ain't nearly enough...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The query was thus: "Do tell about your "cutting edge" Crooked Gooped Ring Cap "results" and the inclination amount it "yields". I fhuqking DARE you to post a picture of same. Don't "forget" to cite the blueprint,base,ring and scope particulars. Hint. LAUGHING!" HINT.

If only to add more Delusion(s) to your Fantasy and bolster your Imagination and Pretend,how much erector travel is there in a Reupold 24x? What bullet and at what speed? What receiver? What base/rings? How were you staying supersonic at 900M? How high at 100,didja' gotta be,to "thread the needle with a 300M zero and have the erector bottomed out"? What sorta come-ups are requisite with same,from a 300M zero to 900M? If it helps,you are doing "GREAT" and really "know" your "stuff". You poor poor(literally) Clueless Fhuqktard. HINT. LAUGHING!

Might I add that "The rings were, and are, any horizontally split ring." was an EXCEPTIONALLY Fhuqking Hilarious touch too. now off you go,to try again. Read that again. Now one more time sloooowwwllllyyyyyyyyyyy. HINT. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for talking out your ass,you Delusional Fhuqktard.

Hint.

LAUGHING!..................

Bark'n,

Bases/rings are far more square on the average,than receivers are and I rather enjoy your Imagination and it's Pretend...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqktards are a hoot! Hint. LAUGHING!

1000 Words. HINT.

Bless your heart for crying.

Hint.

Laughing!.....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."