No trouble staying super sonic with 155 Scenars, starting out at 2960. I don't recall what the total travel was on that particular 24 but it was enough. I never shot that rifle at 100 so couldn't tell you how high it was but I reckon about 5.5 or 6 inches. I had a little cushion. Oh, steel Weaver bases and Buuris Zee rings (high). That rifle was a short action Model 70 with a 29 inch Krieger barrel. It has since been rebarreled to 6.5 CM and set up for M-S. Another one using the gooped ring system is a long Model 70, 308, 26 inch Swiss Arms barrel, 20X Leupold in a Leupold std mount (I don't really like those mounts but I had it in the drawer). Another is a PGW action barreled in 30/40 Krag and using a 20x Lyman BR scope. Steel Weaver, Burris rings. Another is a CIL 950T with a 28in, 8twist barrel in 22-250. Weaver T25, Weaver bases, gooped Leupold rings. A pre-war Model 70 with 28 inch barrel in 30/06 uses another Leupold 24. Weaver bases, Weaver rings, gooped. A Ruger 77 in 30/40 Krag uses Ruger rings, gooped, to hold it's 24x Leupold. A sleeved 40x in 308 uses weaver quad-lock ring, gooped for fit only, to hold the 36X weaver. This rifle was built to shoot 300 to 600 meters only so no inclination required.
I can push the 30/40's a little harder than a 308 and start the 155's at 3000+. 190's can be started at 2650+ with no problems. Rimmed cases are strong.
The truth is, Limp Stick, I use a bunch of old stuff that still works for me. Some of these scopes, I've had for over forty years. If I can hit center, it's working well enough to suit me. I don't like variables and only have a couple. The hunting rifles all use fixed power scopes, from 2 1/2X to 6X and have no need for any inclination to shoot to the 400 yards or so to which I limit myself on game.
Here's a confession for you, although I think some of my hunting rigs are pretty rugged, I still haven't been able to bring myself to toss one over the bank on purpose. Keep it up. I like the videos but you have to work on your narration a bit. For those times when you are in the picture, you may want to consider the use of a stand-in.
To get back to the original question; yes, epoxy is your friend. GD