Originally Posted by CashisKing
Local guy that I've been letting hunt my land for years... started chatting me up the other day about how I am privileged... and I need to let more folk like him hunt the land... "Afterall they have needs too."

I asked him where this was all coming from... I had never heard it before. He told me the recent events got him all stirred up about how people like me had such an advantage over people like him.

I told him I was going to let the land rest for a few years and nobody would be hunting it except myself maybe.

He was furious.
Awesome. No sarcasm here either. If anybody is entitled, it is those guys that think they've got a RIGHT to hunt other's land. This has went on as long as I can remember with the NRA, Outdoor Life, Hunter's Safety Phags, etc. all stressing going and asking permission, sucking up, etc. Certainly you should ask permission to hunt, but all I mention has fostered the idea that once you do, it is a given that you'll be allowed to. Landowners seem to have that idea too and bow all too easily to people pestering them to hunt or fish. I don't run some charity game preserve for deadbeats. Hunters want to come in, trash the place up and sue you because they tripped on their own dick and it's your fault. You are obligated to let them hunt.

Let the land and animals have a break. I like your idea.