Originally Posted by Huntz
I have a couple Ranches I hunt in Montana.I spend a week on each during the summer helping out.A good trade I figure.

I used to do free work for a guy that let me cross his private land to hunt the hard to access public land behind it. We had a deal, I would help him to the tune of thousands of dollars a year in free remodeling, machinery work, free firewood, whatever I could do for him. All he asked was that I call ahead and let him know when I would be showing up. Sure, no problem.

After several years of this arrangement I started getting the run around. Gee, this Saturday's not good for us. I soon learned he had another guy hunting there as well. He still calls me several times a year and leaves me messages about what he sees for game, to try to lure the Golden Goose back to take care of his projects. I moved on and have been shooting just as good of bucks elsewhere for about three years now. It'll be a cold day in hell before I offer to help anyone for hunting rights. I live in the west I can hunt anywhere.

LOL