Originally Posted by kevinJ
Hastings Read some articles, but none of them elude to what happened leading up to the shootout regarding the civil arrest warrantWhy don’t you fill us in
How much time do you have? Basically, 33 years ago I bought 117 acres joining these folks 3 acres on a dead end country road. Slow witted son lived with mom and dad. Living on SS disability. The mother requested I let dimwit hunt so I did with a few restrictions. Such as, Don't shoot doe deer, don't shoot onto neighbor's property, Don't use our property to cross over onto neighbors' property, don't come on the property when we are hunting. He violated every rule I gave him and got evicted when he threatened to shoot an adjoining land owner after being caught trespassing from our property. After I evicted him beginning in 1993 until the day the sheriff shot him he fired high powered rifle shots across our property anytime we were there. He fired at least 15 or 20 rounds in our direction every time we were there. The sound of a .30-06 bullet coming by is pretty damn unnerving even if it is fired from a half mile away.To make a long story short I obtained a restraining order on these folks which forbid them to fire firearms on their property or within 400 yards of my property. After the 3rd violation of the restraining order the judge ordered the sheriff to bring him to jail.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."