A tale of two hunters- - - - - -

About 25 years ago, I met two guys at a local Mom & Pop gun store who were unhappy with practically all of the local land being leased. They were from a town about 100 miles east of our neighborhood, and they were having a hard time finding a place to hunt. I invited them to come to my place for an afternoon hunt that day. They accepted, and one of them scored a pretty nice forkhorn buck. That afternoon hunt turned into a long term friendship , but only for one guy- - - -he would show up pre-season and help mend fences (I was running a small beef herd back then),
He built permanent tree stands, ran the bush hog, and generally helped improve the hunting environment. The other guy would just show up, hunt, and leave. When he pulled a travel trailer onto the place 50 feet from my front door and left it there all season I had had enough. I asked that guy for a small lease fee to help me pay my property taxes. He claimed he couldn't afford it, and disappeared. Good riddance!

The first guy still hunts my land, free of charge, and he still shows up off-season to volunteer his help with anything the place needs!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!