Originally Posted by plainsman456
Yes it makes sense but one does not know how the Anderson was treated/lubed.

I have several bcg's from different folks and so far there has not been any wear or crap going on.

The first one i got was made back in the 70's and other than a cleaning every now and then as well as making sure it was lubed up,nothing has been wore out or changed so far.

When playing with the one piece gas ring i found out that it made no difference lubed or not they just suck.

Never heard of a bolt being soft enough to egg the pin hole.

According to the owner of the Anderson BGC, he only had about 200 rounds through it, so regardless of how it was treated, or lubed or not, that's just unacceptable.

If you ever read the thread on AR15.com from they guy who runs the machinegun business in Las Vegas he talked about bolts breaking in exactly the same manner as what was happening to this Anderson bolt, but with something like a DD bolt, that usually didn't happen until around 60,000 rounds. In other words, it's a known point of failure, but with quality parts required a round count most casual shooters will never reach.

That Anderson bolt reminds me of the bolts from Radical that were breaking around the 500 round mark. I have to wonder if these parts are of similar origin.

I have a cheap "AR-Stoner" upper from Midway with a BGC in it that looks very similar to the Anderson in the video. Needless to say, last night I tore it apart and checked it out. The pivot pin hole on it's still round, but it only has a few hundred rounds through it. It doesn't get used much since it's now a spare, but if it does see much use, I'll be keeping my eye on it.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell