Originally Posted by SS336
Let me ask a question. If a BCG is “mil-spec”, would they not all be comparable? I can see more money might get you a better part but $200-300 BCG seems to be kinda expensive.
Since I assume the military buys mil-spec BCGs, do they fail every 200 rounds? Was that Anderson an anomaly?
I’m new to this and sometimes it is confusing to read about early failures like this. There has to be a happy medium to buying an AR. Pretty sure most people can’t afford the best, but why wouldn’t mil-spec work?

Mil-spec, as the term is thrown around, does not necessarily mean mil-spec................for instance a 9310 bolt might be called "mil-spec" & it might actually be that, dimensionally, at least, but the mil-spec for a bolt calls for the material to be Carpenter 158, not 9310.

And you don't need to spend $200+ on a quality BCG either; Geiselle, Sionics, BCM, Centurion Arms, Rubber City Armory.................just to name a few, all make a high quality BCG & all stand behind their product, some with a lifetime warranty.

MM