Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Much appreciated AS. Informative thread.

More generic is the description of what came with my PSA pistol kit. " Carpenter 158 Nitride BCG & Charging Handle". Hmmm. More mid-grade?

So, a cheapass generic unspecified material BCG, like I have acquired with Bear Creek uppers, should not be expected to last. Will it also cause premature wear on other parts?

Anyone care to briefly explain why an Anderson lower is a POS as has been stated on this forum many times? I'll have four. The two I've seen appeared to be machined without flaw. I guess they could be thicker in places, better material?

MB, I'm not sure that's really the consensus of the high volume shooters and builders on this forum. IMO the single most commodity part on an AR is the lower. It's just a piece of aluminum with some machining, some hole drilled, and a coating. So long as the dimensions are correct, it's pretty hard to screw up.

Generally, this is considered a good place to save money so you can spend more on the parts that matter, such as the barrel and BCG.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell