Originally Posted by TWR
The term mil spec comes from the Technical Data Package or TDP. It’s what the military demands it’s guns to be built to. It includes testing of parts and which materials parts are built with as well as assembly procedures.

Commercial companies are not held to any standard and use the term mil spec very loosely. Choose a BCG that runs $59 off eBay and don’t expect it to meet any Military standards.

On the other end spending $400 on an enhanced carrier with the latest coating on it might get you a better part or it might make the seller a big bonus. Reputable parts can be affordable.

I'll let you know how my RTBA BCG holds up. As of right now, it is holding up better than a Fail Zero BCG. At least the NIB is better. One thing I know about the RTBA is it gets very good reviews and is held to tight tolerances, said to "meet or exceed military specifications". According to RTBA. Here are the specs:

Coated Inside & Out With UCT's EXO NiB
Milspec Carpenter No. 158® Steel (Bolt)
8620 Tool Steel (Carrier)
Mil-Spec Extractor Spring, black extractor insert, Viton O-Ring
Tool Steel Extractor
Shrouded Firing Pin
Mil-Spec Gas Key (4130 Steel) attached with Grade 8 hardware and Properly staked
Bolt is shot Peened and MPI
Carrier is polished before plating for increased lubricity
Limited Lifetime Warranty

I know for a fact that this BCG has been ran for at least 5,000 rounds, since I've bought it about 3 years ago. I fired off the rifle 324 times on one range trip a couple weeks ago. I've never had any issues with it, since day one:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

From day one, I was getting excellent accuracy and I've never had one malfunction with this rifle:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Its actually one of my favorite AR's. Its the one I reach for when we have local AR shoots. It points and balances perfectly for me, in all positions. I figure if the BCG is going to fail, it will do so in a lot more rounds than it has on it now, as it still looks new. Even after 5,000 rounds on it...This BCG also has a "lifetime warranty" according to the manufacture, but who knows what that means? My Noveske BCG also seems to be a good one, but I forget who manufactures them for Noveske. My new Colt BCG is nice, but how much better is it than all my other BCG's?

Here's another video you guys can watch. Chris does a good job showing how to clean and more importantly inspect the BCG:
Detailed dissassembly, cleaning and inspection

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA