Originally Posted by TWR
I was taught that quality parts were just what you used. Back in the day, you had Colt and Armalite producing good parts and Bushmaster, dpms, later on Rock River making okay parts Olympic Arms, PWA, Model One sales, M&A Parts were a crapshoot and then companies like Hesse making pure crap.

Then came more companies making good parts like LMT, DD, BCM and the market exploded. In the past 5 years more companies have popped up making or buying the cheapest parts known to man and a plethora of satisfied customers that swear that "parts is parts" and they know cause their $400 AR has been flawless in the thousands (which truthfully is a hundred or two) of rounds they've put down range on their contractor jobs. I remember when a guy who went by hipfiredgun was all over arfcom talking up a certain companies piston guns, he and his special forces buddies just loved em. That company grew pretty fast with glowing reviews from everywhere until it was discovered hipfiredgun was an employee of said company with no SF buddies.

If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

This is a good thread. Probably a reminder that we need to be checking our parts on a regular basis. Regardless of who they are made by or how many rounds we think we have through them.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA