Please don't try to scare me with the prospect of a draft. A draft is nothing but slavery. If the government can't find volunteers willing to die for its objectives, then it ought to be eminently clear to all concerned that those objectives are misguided and wrong--and what is needed is less government, not more soldiers.

Trying to motivate somebody with the threat of a draft is every bit as morally bankrupt as trying to motivate somebody with the threat of any other form of slavery. I will never be drafted, and neither will any other lover of liberty.

In WWII, whether the objectives of the government were met or not might possibly have had something to do with my coffee and donuts in the morning, if I drank coffee or ate donuts, which I don't. But all the wars since then have had far more to do with projecting American imperialism than protecting American freedom--and there are people who would even argue with me about WWII.

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain--that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist." --Lysander Spooner, 1867