I just had a similar jam last Friday without the KaBoom. 358 Brush Gun and handloads with the 200 gr Hornady spire point and a compressed powder charge. 2nd round of the day, when I pulled the trigger, I got 'click'. Figured it was a misfire, waited a minute and tried to eject the round. The lever dropped a little but then it wouldn't move. I could close it but couldn't open it very far at all.

Took the gun home, took off the stock and looked closely. The back of the bolt was dropping out of engagement with the rear of the receiver so I grabbed a straight blade screw driver and there was enough clearance at the front of the bolt to insert it between the bolt and the front of the receiver and gently pry the bolt backwards.

The case came back minus the bullet which dumped the powder into the magazine. The bullet was stuck in the rifling bad enough I had to use a light tap on the cleaning rod with a hammer to get it out, couldn't do it with just my hand. I held the rifle upside down and used a can of compressed air to blow the powder out of the magazine.

The bullet had marks from the rifling on it. I measured the other 16 rounds in the box, all were a touch under the OAL limit. I'm guessing bullet creep from the compressed powder charge caused that one round to be too long. But I've loaded to that length for a couple of years now, with no problems. I used to seat the bullets deeper and never had any problems then either.

I was at the range on Tuesday, everything worked just the way it is supposed to. Anyhow, glad the other guy is OK. Glad I'm OK too!

Dale

This space for rent