Originally Posted by wyo1895
Dale K's comment on the brush gun is interesting. I tried to load some heavy for caliber, probably 250 grain, pointed bullets for my brush gun and the powder was compressed to the point that it was pushing the bullet back out as soon as I took them out of the reloading press. I went to something lighter but wasn't getting good accuracy. Some day I'll try some other loads. I want to sell the gun but won't let it go till I know the bad accuracy was the loads and not something wrong with the rifle. This incident is scary. I've pushed a few stuck bullets out with a cleaning rod.

What he says about the compressed powder pushing the bullet back out is what I believe my problem was, just took longer to develop. And only seems to have been in one case. Maybe a thinner neck put less tension on bullet, I don't know. But I do know it's the first time I had this problem in over 40 years of reloading.

When you do get around to loading for your brush gun again, give TAC or Reloder 7 a whirl, they both fit into the case pretty well and leave room. I'm currently using IMR 4320, I understand it is discontinued so when my supply is gone, that's probably the route I will take.

Dale

This space for rent