Waaalllllll-I typed in a comment several days ago, had it all done, went to review for my normal gaffs, but somehow deleted the whole thing. Thought I'm not going to sit and redo now. My comment was one that happened to me and have heard of others doing also. When I first started loading for 250 Savage in a Ruger 77 bolt gun, the bullets I was using were some with a channel lure. Have read you can if wanted put a slight crimp on them to hold the bullet still during recoil. After I got the lot of 50 rounds loaded, wiped, and boxed, it was several days before I had a chance to shoot em. The first dozen or so went smooth and were pretty accurate at 50 and 100 yds. I finally ran across one that wouldn't let the bolt close all the way, maybe a 1/4" of the rear of the brass showing. Ejected it, set aside, shot some more, ran across another one that wouldn't chamber, ejected it, and continued to shoot the remaining rounds. I found five that all failed to insert fully-all but the last approx 1/4". The powder charge was a middle of the road from Hornady's newest book.

Checking them real close and using a micrometer, I discovered that the mouth of the brass where I had crimped them was bulged slightly, not enough to really wave a red flag at your eyeballs but there. When I first started seating the bullets and then went back to crimp, I recalled that the first handful I thought maybe had to much crimp had been applied and backed off the die. I later pulled the bullets and resized the brass, trimmed, put powder back in and reseated bullets in a later load session. Those five shot fine.

Said all this to say this, is it possible that the mouth of the cartridge in question bulged a bit during the seating of the bullets. Wonder if the bullet was crimped during seating and was bulged? Possible that the cartridge in question had a overall length a bit longer than the rest and the bullet when seating bulged the upper neck area a bit when the bullet was seated. Wonder if when resizing , the neck expander didn't do its job and the case neck just didn't get expanded to its proper diameter and was a tad under, making a tighter fit for the bullet, putting a bulge on it which caused it to jam once the upper end of the round reached the upper end in the chamber? Who knows, Murphy's Laws are always possible with everything. The five 250 Savage rounds that I messed up on all extracted with no problem, but one was stuck in the chamber a bit more and required a little more 'Ooomph' to bring the bolt back. Could this had happened to the round that got stuck, a slightly bulged upper neck area caused the round to really stick? Just my thoughts. Who knows why it detonated????? Glad no serious injury.