Originally Posted by Bristoe
I've read up on the situation a bit. From what I understand, the two places that are losing population fast is California and New York City. The Californians are moving to Texas, Idaho, and Arizona. The New York City refugees mostly stay in the New England region.

Generally speaking, the southeast is regarded by them as being redneck Trump country and that's largely true.

As for Kentucky, California liberals would be a loose fit for Lexington and to a lesser extent Louisville.

The rest of the state is a very bad cultural fit for Californians. New York City folks wouldn't get along here at all.

Fortunately, they all seem to understand that.

Thinking about KY, we had a KY crew putting utility lines back up after Hurricane Laura did a job on us here in LA.

Cajun neighbor was talking to these Kentuckians about how his Granddad made shine. I told him, these's boy's Dads and Granddad's probably wrote the book on moon-shine, that Cajuns may have their skill sets, but their moon-shining wouldn't compare, amateurs talking to pros. I had them all laughing. But, that's a big truth... Cajuns may make shine, but those Kentuckians were and are the masters of the trade.

Good guys, enjoyed visiting with them and really enjoyed getting electricity restored. Ran my generator for a week.

DF