Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
I believe that I won't be bothered by and social isolation. I have been shunned by most Californians my whole adult life. I "fit in" here and in the Army but not in the land of endless strip malls, greed, and hypocrisy. I suppose eventually I will get lonely but as long as there is the 'Fire and the occasional phone call to an old military friend, I'll get by as I always have.

Getting outside and not having to drive several hours to escape a megapolis will be liberating. Finding an area that I can fly the flag without being considered a domestic terrorist will be great.

I’m sure you’d be welcome anywhere in Red State America.

‘Nother big litmus test on Texas coming on Nov 3rd. Even the Democrats think Texas is gonna lean R. with regards to the President, it was the rural 12% of the population in East Texas that kept Ted Cruz in by a hair over Beto in 2018.

Locally the race to watch is for Rep Congressman Will Hurd’s seat. A gerrymandered district containing part of the West Side of SA and a huge stretch of the West Texas Borderlands. He too barely squeaked by Filipino Lesbian Gina Ortiz Jones in 2018.

Now it’s a guy named Tony Gonzalez running against Jones, Jones heavily backed by Soros, Pelosi, the DNC and Rosie Castro, one of the most powerful Democrats in Texas.

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 10/23/20.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744