Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Tracy,

not sure where you're looking in N AZ, or what kind of budget you have for house/property, but if you've nothing against the Show-Low/Pinetop area, St Johns, and over that way you might find something more affordable than Flagstaff/Prescott/Payson area. Especially if you have nothing against relatively nice newer mfg homes.

Sure is a nice area up there, can get a bit chilly in winter but was never "hot" hot, 90F was a heat wave, 95F a rarity, at least when I was there around 2000-2001.

I'd find you a place around here, lot's of reasonably priced places, but then again............it's still in Commiefornia.

Good luck with your search, I'm sure you'll find something.

Show Low is where I have been searching for the last five years. You have excellent taste. While I cannot afford the nice pine woods, the people of Taylor and Snowflake are a quality lot. I am by no means wealthy and will lose a lot in the divorce, but if I can get a toe hold there, I would be happy as long as my kids are accepted and not bullied for their father's failings.

The weather is good. The people are better. There are a lot of veterans in that town. Utah has lesser state taxes.

Great choices.

Taylor and Snowflake were "very Mormon" when I lived in the area. Had a friend there that was a RE agent and rancher. Let me use his ranch house out to the east of town when I had a tag out that way. Warned me of the folks nearby out there in the "cedars" to stay away from.

The towns are nice enough tho, and close enough to Show-Low for shopping and such. You may have to shake off some missionary kids though, they might be at your door frequently.

Missionaries tend to be polite and therefore welcome.

Cedar City Utah is a strong number two. The prices there are reasonable. It all depends on how the girls will be treated by their peers. Most people leave me alone and that is a good thing. I do not think I will be "red flagged" for carrying my rifle case from the truck to the house.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe