Worked behind the counter all high school and college. Had three accidental discharges from customers, one 9mm right between my feet. Another 45 ACP “close by” and a Browning FN Safari 308 through the roof.

Had a very well dressed gentleman come in and say “I’ll take that one...and that one....those two there.....” on and on till he had about 25 long guns and pistols picked out. He could pay cash for it. Turns out he was royalty from Kuwait if I remember, in Atlanta on business. Obviously not a US citizen...my boss about cried.

Waited on Ted Nugent one time. He was looking for a particular S&W 357 pistol that we didn’t have....but I had a matching pair personally. Told him if he’d come back tomorrow, I’d sell him one of mine. He did, and I did. Nothing like his TV persona back then. Genuinely a nice guy, not over the top in any way, kind...just a great guy.

Had a nice girl come in and request a 12 gauge that her boyfriend might would want and be happy with...said it was for his birthday. We picked out a Remington. She also purchased a box of shells to go with it. Thanked me for helping her out and walked out the door. She promptly took a shell out, loaded the shotgun and blew her head off in front of our store.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.