I was in the original Bud's gunshop back when it was a small shop actually owned by Bud about 35 years ago.It was a storefront kind of place,...not very wide but fairly long. It had a couple of racks running the length of the store that were about 6' tall.

Just me, another guy, and the guy behind the counter. The other guy asked to look at a .357 revolver. He picked it up and started walking off cocking the hammer, then pulling the trigger,,...went over behind the rack and walked to the back of the store where he couldn't be seen.

I thought it was odd. Then I looked at the guy behind the counter (not Bud) and he had a very "no nonsense" look on his face and was staring very intently towards where the guy went.

After maybe 45 seconds, the guy walked back, placed the revolver on the counter, then walked out without saying a word.

I asked the guy behind the counter,..who was now looking out the door the guy had just walked out of, "What the hell was that about?" He didn't say anything,...just shook his head.

To this day, I think that guy was going to load that revolver and rob the place,....but lost his nerve. Maybe because I had walked in. I wasn't carrying, but he didn't know that.