Originally Posted by High_Noon
Sometime in 1990, I was in London wandering around by myself and I decided to pay Holland & Holland a visit. The store is incredible and while I was looking around, a Limey in a 3-piece suit asked if he could help me with anything, I chuckled a little and said: "No thanks, I'm just here to gawk." He reached over to a rack, grabbed what looked like a large bore double rifle, handed it to my and said: "have a look." I looked at the incredible firearm in my hands, and discovered it was a 32 bore sxs scatter-gun, priced at reasonable £32,000.00 - the exchange rate was ~ 2:1 at that time. Since I was the only "customer" in the store, he proceeded to lead me all around showing me all manner of Holland & Holland firearms and he allowed me to handle each of them. All of them were truly incredibly firearms - many of which were north of £100,000.00. What struck me the most, other that the craftsmanship, was just how well all of the guns balanced. H&H has ergonomics down pat, that's for damn sure. I ended up spending almost 2 hours there and he was full of information and answered all of my questions - which were many. It was truly
an experience to remember.

Unfortunately, I was lacking the funds to take one home to TX.

Now there's a great story!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

3-7-77