Originally Posted by weaselsRus " A guy here walked into our LGS, asked to see a Ruger 357, opened the cylinder, stuffed one round in and offed himself. ..."

I suppose the LGS owner then had to list the Ruger .357 as "Slightly Used, Excellent Condition." smile

When I lived in Studio City, Calif. years ago, there was a large, well known gun store, B&B Gun Sales in North Hollywood. I'd bought a number of guns there over the years, new and used, plus ammo, reloading stuff, etc., I'd come to know the owners, Bob and Barry Kahn pretty well. One afternoon I was in there checking out their used guns section to see if anything interesting had come in.

I was standing beside an older woman, probably in her 70s, who was gingerly handling a semi-auto pistol of some caliber. .32 ACP maybe. She wanted the pistol for "self protection." She told the salesman she'd "take it." I knew him pretty well. He asked her if she wanted a box of cartridges for it?

She said, "Oh, I don't want any bullets. I could never shoot anyone. I don't even want to shoot it. I just want to scare them away."

The salesman and I kinda looked at her askance, then he talked her out of buying the pistol. Sold her a small canister of mace instead. He later told me that wasn't the first time he'd run into people like that.

It takes all kinds. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)