I was in a shop in Roseburg Or. in 2009 wanting to trade a Ruger Red Label 20 gauge in on a semi auto .40 cal. I looked at everything behind the glass but the guy I was dealing with didn’t want to trade. My kids were with me, my daughter was holding my right hand as I stood at the counter and she pulled away and wandered off to find her brother. Seconds later the ex Army “Armourer” that I was dealing with points an HK .40 at the glass and squeezes the trigger. The sound was deafening, dust dropped from the ceiling, and I’m frantically searching for my 3 kids.....
The bullet went through the glass, I felt something hit my leg which I later determined to be glass and the exit hole was at my daughters chest level. Had she been there she would have been gone.
The owner (Army guy’s father) came from a back office and was wringing his hands and wailing like a baby. Turns out he’s the genius who’d shot his hand at a gun show a few years prior.
They claimed later that Army guy “checked” the gun, which was a trade in, and that the extractor failed to remove a black cased Winchester cartridge.
I probably should have sued the shop but didn’t and of course never stepped foot in that establishment again.

"May the LORD bless you and keep you, may His face shine upon you, may He be gracious and give you peace"
from Numbers 6:24-26