From the Powder Valley blog - Some logic for the discussion.
"Normally, we would say “stock up.” But that time has passed, and I would encourage everyone to learn from this. Stock up in times of plentiful supply so that you are not affected as greatly during these times of extreme shortage."

I really do not feel sorry for anyone who is caught short, if you were one of those folks then it means that you have not been paying attention the last few decades. The last time I got caught a little short was the primer scare in the 80's, since then I have always bought whatever I needed when it was on sale or if I had shot more than normal. It was only a few months ago that I bought 22 caliber Hornady V-Max for $7.00 per box shipped, I didn't need them at the moment but it was a great investment. The same with 22 LR ammo, last spring I bought 100 packs of Winchester Super X 40 gr HP ammo for $5.99 per hundred with a $5.00 per pack rebate - Yep, 22 LR for a penny each.

Our shopping mentality in this country has become like European society - buy only what you need for now and go buy more in a couple of days. That is poor thinking no matter what the commodity, whether it is toilet paper or ammo.

For those of you who are not familiar with it take a moment to read Aesop's fable of the ant and grasshopper
https://fablesofaesop.com/the-ant-and-the-grasshopper.html

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.