I was fortunate enough to see several wolverines, at least one fisher and many marten when living in BC. On the Olympic Peninsula of WA State, authorities have released fisher live trapped in BC. We saw their tracks a lot several years ago but rarely now, so they have either dispersed widely or died off.

My first wolverine was in the Monashee Range. I drove over a rise to see a wolverine doing his humping run down the road ahead of me. I punched the Bronco and as I caught up with the wolverine, he angled to the edge of the road toward a pile of logs. I was sliding a bit in the gravel to stop, with the wolverine 3 feet from my driver side door, when he turned on me. He looked up into my face and was all teeth and tonsils, obviously snarling but I could not hear him with the vehicle noise and window up. Wish I could have heard that. He went into the logs and I never saw him again.

Wife and I saw a wolverine in the Silver Star ski resort parking lot one evening about 9 pm, 30 feet in front of our vehicle. Bright moonlight on snow, street lights and my headlights. He scrambled up a slope toward a cluster of cabins.

In northern BC hunting sheep we saw a wolverine just before dark 75 yards from us. We camped within 100 yards of where we had seen him. As we fell asleep we heard an animal shuffling in the gravelly soil outside the tent and snuffing his nose. We had grizzly on the brain but it turned out to be a wolverine. He took off before we got outside, too dark to see much but next morning his tracks showed within inches of the outside of our shelter.

Hunting lost cows early one winter, a friend and I came on where a wolverine had killed and eaten much of a mule deer button buck. The ten inch deep snow was churned and bloody over a 15x40 foot rectangle, with the little deer lying on his back at one edge of the carnage. With the deer on its back the wolverine had eaten much of the deer's body, straight down: sternum, ribs, internal organs and entrails, front legs and hams eaten from the inside out, though bones to the skin in places. The ribs were gnawed down to the spine. The tenderloins were untouched as was the outer strap. It was super fresh and we considered taking those best cuts, but didn't.

Had a few other encounters and had a wolverine come to a predator call once, but he didn't give me a shot.