Originally Posted by wrecklessranch
What about web browsing on the phone? I assume there is something much better than Safari...

So Safari is a pick your poison question because it's an Apple product and God knows Apple's schit is all integrated so you have to use all their stuff. Some people think Apple is more secure because in the past there have been times when the Feds wanted them to crack someone's device for information and they refused. I respect that, but this latest talk of them taking the Parler app off the Apple store is crap if it's true. So maybe in some regards there more privacy trustworthy, but in other regards, they're in bed with Satan too. You have to make your own choice there. Personally, after hearing about the Parler app, I would never buy an Apple product. In all fairness, that's easy for me to say because I don't own one now and never have. I'm not going to tell someone to get rid of a $1,000 iPhone.

For a mobile phone, I would stick with Opera, Firefox or Brave probably. I have Opera right now because it had the built-in VPN and ad blocker. Since I got the Proton VPN, I'm may reevaluate my options there. One of the biggest limitations of the mobile browsers that are Chromium based, like Opera and Brave, is that there's no support for extensions. So if your favorite ad blocker is an extension, you're out of luck on those. Just turns out all I used extensions for was ad blocking and VPN and Opera has those built-in. There is one exception, however, call the "Kiwi" browser, that is Chromium based and also allows extensions. If that's important to you, you can look into that. I have not seen a serious security audit done on that browser so for now it a no-go for me. Firefox still supports extensions on the mobile browser if that's important to you.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.