Originally Posted by Bald1
Jake,

I'm a bit confused about your statement suggesting turning off browser password saving and autofill. Could you explain the dangers of not doing so please.

As an aside I installed Brave last night on both my desktop and Android 8.0 phone. Imported logons, passwords, bookmarks, from FF to Brave without issues. That import function is not available in the mobile version.

No issues at all.
FWIW I have Brave 1.18.78, Firefox 84.0.2, Waterfox Classic 2020.10, and Edge 87.0.664.75 (all 64-bit flavors) on my Windows 10 [Home (x64) Build 19042.685 (20H2)] desktop. Everything functions fine in all of these although I've made Brave the default and never use Edge unless a page won't display in any of the other browsers which, thankfully, has become much less of an issue in recent times.

I'm also running Comodo Internet Security Premium (firewall and anti-virus) and use Malwarebytes and their adwcleaner every 2 days.

This is with the assumption that a person uses a password vault for saving and filling in credentials. That was probably the context of my statement. If not, sorry for the confusion. Depending on the browser, your account data may be saved to the cloud. Even if it isn't, if the browser gets compromised, your account information may be stolen. The password vault applications are designed to more securely protect your credentials. As an example, I have my browser set to not save and not autofill passwords. I use something called Bitwarden password vault. When I go to a web site, I fill the credentials from my vault. It's an extra step, but more secure. As an added benefit, your credentials are always in your vault, so if you are in the habit of having your browser store that stuff, and you change browsers, your account info is still in the vault. Those programs also have password generators to randomize passwords if you want. Some of them even have a feature where they can look at your accounts and see if any of them show up on a security breech alert. If so, you can update your password for that impacted account immediately before it's hijack hopefully.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.