Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by yukon254
Excellent information. Im not very computer savvy but would like some advice on what my options might be. Currently I use gmail and have for a long time. I run my own business so its on our website, magazine adds and numerous other places. Changing it on the website would be easy, but the other places would pose some real problems. Is there some way to have gmail forward messages to say Proton ? I have switched to Dissenter and duck duck go, but would love to ditch all the commie tech companies.

There lies the big issue with sticking it to these companies. Let's take Facebook for instance. I had like 100 friends on there. My inner circle of family and friends know how to find me but when I pulled the plug, that's it. A lot of people hate Facebook but don't want to cut off all those people. So they put up with unacceptable behavior so they can have the social media crack. This is just my own opinion, but I think in times like these and what may come, it's important to think hard about who you can trust and who is really important to you. All those other 2nd and 3rd level associations imo are just social clutter in my life that needs to take a back seat to acting on principles. If I really wanted to find one of those "friends" on Facebook because I'm visiting that part of the country or whatever, I can find them through another avenue.

I have no issue with ditching facebook, my issue is if I change my email from gmail to another email like one of the ones you mentioned, then all of the advertising we have out there will have the wrong email address on it. Is there anyway to fix that ?