Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Jake, Do you have or know of a list of the steps necessary to shut down FB properly and de-fang their intrusions / stealing of your data?

I can't tell you the exact steps because I can longer get in LOL. But somewhere in the account settings there is a deactivate option and you should be given an option to either deactivate for 30 days or to completely delete. I just choose the delete option. I assume they have all your correspondence archived somewhere even if you delete, but at least they won't have information on you going forward.

If you're persistent enough in the account settings and dig around you'll run into an area just as Jake mentioned. While it wouldn't let me "full delete" it did allow me to deactivate and as long as I didn't attempt a log in for 30 days it would then delete my account. As Jake said they have your original account information archived somewhere I'm sure but you can't do anything about that, only the future smile

BTW, I did this on NOV 4 when I was proven right about FB, twatter, etc. I assume/hope it's still that easy to unplug