Originally Posted by JamesJr
I took the first shot, and in about 2 1/2 weeks will take the second shot. As with anything else, there are "experts" on both sides of the argument, and both sides can present what might be considered a valid argument. I based my decision on the overwhelmingly number of "experts" who endorse taking the vaccine, over those who don't.

"Experts" is on my top 5 list of despised words used to manipulate a gullible, frightened public, along with "safe," "democracy," "community," and "health."

Show me some empirical data. Show me some qualifications and documented experience. Some talking head on the TV blowing smoke up my azz telling me some other talking head politico (who happens to be heavily invested in both the problem and the solution) is an expert, does not an expert make.

I don't believe half of what I see, and none of what I hear.

My question is always, who benefits?

Answer: A pharmaceutical industry subsidized by my tax dollars and relieved of liability by politicians sucking on same and in turn subsidized via compensation for their endorsement.

You think celebrities and athletes really believe in the products they endorse? Or actually use them?

Meh. They believe in the millions sliding into their pockets. Full stop.

There really are systemic problems in our society; corruption, manipulation, complacency, greed, and willful ignorance.

The vaccine is an even more lucrative racket than the annual flu shot, and that's discounting any darker agenda that might underlie the surface reflections.

They sell us fear, and we buy high and sell low.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy