Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Valsdad
One gal in HS, lived nearby and sometimes I'd catch a ride to school with her. She was dating a good friend of my buddies in school. She never really came on to me, and vice versa.

years and years later, she's working at a business in the town my siblings still lived in at the time. One of them goes in for something, she sees the name on the check (yes, we still used checks back then), asks my sibling "Do you have a brother named Geno" . He says yeah, and we ended up getting in touch. Her seemingly happily married at the time, me? I don't remember right now.

Turns out she had a serious crush on me, and me on her. I was a "nice guy" you know, and she was apparently a "nice girl" and therefor neither of us ever mentioned it to the other. Said the other guy was a bit of a dick and if I'd have said something she would have left him quick. Oh well.

Great looking gal, even years later. And from my view in HS, a "rich girl". Daddy was a retired Lt or Lt Cmdr in the Navy. Lived up in the "big houses on the hill" development.

I have no clue where she is now, and I have no regrets how that went. We both did what was right at the time.

Lucky it turned out.

Well, the one I have now seems tolerable.

And apparently able to tolerate me too.

What's to regret? grin

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?