Originally Posted by mike7mm08
Should really look into trailboss powder. Will put your right around 800 to 900 fps depending on charge with a 240 cast. No short case in the cylinder. Full case of powder. Can use less expensive and typically more readily available brass. I have become a big fan of Trailboss in a wide range of cartridges.

Tip on anything LEE. Try Titan Reloading. They are basically the unofficial LEE factory store. Located just a couple miles from LEE. Better prices than LEE and typically stock more than LEE. Good people to work with.

If I had a bunch of TrailBoss I might have gone in that direction, but like most powders it is not available in large quantities and I have less than 2 pounds. I am loading some 44 Russians for some people in quantity, and that is where the Titegroup comes in, as I have more of it on hand. I have a couple thousand rounds of 240 grain round nose Russian load already promised to some guys. Once guys shoot a box or two, they want more. Then their friends start texting! Kind of like Crack! laugh

Fun stuff and MUCH easier on the wrists than full bore mag loads. You can shoot a 329 Scandium and enjoy it, and shoot a couple boxes through a Model 29 and not have your wrists sore the next day. I had carpal tunnel surgery last year and my surgeon said my wrists were pretty trashed. No big surprise there. whistle

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com