Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
About those full wadcutters....

I ran out and popped a few rounds this afternoon.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This target was shot at 20 yards instead of 25 just because that was where the sagebrush, my hood and everything lined up. I got a few minutes to run out and pop a few rounds out of my lever action as well as my 5" 29 Classic, and the results made me grin to say the least. laugh

I was shooting over a bag, over the top of my hood, and apparently that was good enough! The target was slightly tilted, so the holes are a bit angled, but the little 180 wadcutters in the Russian cartridge cases are a real winner!

I then fired the last three I had with me into the big diamond target:

I only have a few hundred of these specific 180 wadcutters, as well as a few hundred of another brand, but know of another outfit that makes 200 grain full wadcutters, so I may look into purchasing some of theirs and see how they do. For now I will definitely be loading up the rest of what I have on hand. smile

I also fired 6 of the little cone head looking loads. It seems that The Russian really likes the Titegroup powder and the little bullets.

Those wadcutters though! OOF!

Man, that is just great stuff all the way around! I love it when a guy does something a bit unconventional and it not only works well, but opens up a new dimension of shooting for a particular platform! Thanks for posting, Mackay.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.