Originally Posted by FarmHand78
Originally Posted by 2ndwind
Thanks I'll give them a call. What I'm looking for would cover the red dot too. The replacement cost on the Vortex Venom has jumped up to 280.00 I ordered one of the new Holosun H5507C instead. I like the Holosun better with the dual dot system and ability to turn the intensity of the light down lower so it does not wash out a target in lower light. I can't get this one to adjust elevation low enough though. I may need to return it.

Do the Vortex Red Dots not carry the lifetime warranty?

Good question. It was mounted on a 4" N frame Smith and fell from waist height onto a hardwood floor. The lens is fractured and the metal "window" has a major bend in it. I'm planning to take the Model 69 into the gunsmith for an action job tomorrow. I'll ask him.

I had a first generation Burris red dot that I didn't much care for but the newer mini red dots are pretty amazing. I turned 65 this year. My wife is a shooter too but she (and her eye sight) are 9 years younger than I am. She has been kicking my butt shooting iron sight hand guns for the last several years now. The red dots have given the edge back to me.... not that I'm gloating about that or anything because that would be wrong..... cool

Please don't feed the trolls!