It seems as though this has turned to a "who can afford and who can't afford" thread. Imo it is more of folks not prioritizing rather than affordability in many cases.
None of the younger generation seems to think anything of buying themselves a Red Bull or some other non necessary item just to satisfy a momentary need but yet they could have bought a box of 22 LR cartridges with the amount of money they spent on a drink to satisfy a momentary craving. It is called prioritizing - something that seems to be a foreign concept to a lot of folks. So instead of having some $2.50 per box ammo to shoot they now have to pay $6.00 - $7.00 per box. In most cases they will do nothing more than buy them selves another Red Bull and complain about how they cannot affored to buy ammo.

If most of the complainers would have skipped the stop at the fast food restaurant, or doing something as simple as when away from home bringing water from home to drink instead of buying bottled water they would not have anything to complain about because they would have had the money to buy when the price was reasonable.

I have one daughter who is like me in that she spends her money wisely, not on frivolously, I have another daughter and a son who are both always broke but neither of them have a second thought about eating out a couple of times a week or having food delivered by Grubhub of one of the other delivery services, or keeping credit cards maxed out. Prioirities are lacking in their case just like they are in good part of "instant gratification" society".

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.