Originally Posted by drover
All is not lost - I had to go to town today and while there I stopped by the Ranch Supply store and picked up a brick of Armscore 22 LR 36 gr HP ammo. I left some for other folks but I also laid in a few more for myself since gophers will be popping up in another month or so.

I have enough 22 LR ammo to last me for at least another 3 or 4 years without cutting myself back from shooting as much and as often as I want (I generally shoot 2 to 3 cases of 22 LR ammo during the course of a year).

So should I have left it on the shelf in hopes that someone who may be out and needs it buys it, or perhaps I should have left it there for guy who is going to buy it to sell on Gunbroker or at the gunshow. For me it is a no-brainer - I bought it because I will shoot it up eventually and not have to complain about being short or not finding any.

Although it was a little higher priced than I have paid for it recently I didn't complain - it has been $24.99 per brick of 50 and this time it was $34.99 per brick, but at least I didn't spend the money on a Red Bull or a latte.

drover

Well, it looks like there was a pricing error on the Armscor, I just looked at my receipt and it was $29.99 per box rather than the shelf price of $34.99. I feel so bad that I will probably take it back tomorrow, even though it will be a 120 mile round-trip drive I feel that it would just be the right thing to do.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.