Originally Posted by Anteloper
I don’t see any way this could result in more money for WY. Sure, there’s fee increases but the much more expensive tags & fees for non residents, being sold in much lesser volume has to reduce total income

In the application process you submit the whole amount for a license and tag. They hold that money for quite awhile and collect interest on it while you wait for the drawing. If you are successful and get a tag great if you aren't you finally get a refund. Wyoming makes a tremendous amount of revenue off that interest. Prices for the licenses are what ever the market will bear for nonresidents. If I was a resident I'd probably resent the nonresident intrusion in the hunting season as an average person trying to make a living there. Of course as someone making a living off the resource would have the opposite attitude. Pretty sh*less to take people's money for points then change the rules though. In 1995 I drew a general season statewide elk tag first time I tried, it was $355 residents paid $28 over the counter. Hunted in units around Atlantic City on the 5th day I shot a spike bull and was. happy to get him. Saw a lot of moose. So in 1996 I put in for a nonresident moose tag for that area 4 tags availible and at drawing time 5 applicants and no I didn't draw was priced at $1000 the next year the tag tag went up to $1700, they factored me out on the spot. Scarce resources are allways expensive and will cost even more as demand increases. Maybe wyoming game and fish wants less interest money and applicants in exchange for higher tag price I don t know. Mb

Last edited by Magnum_Bob; 03/04/21.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "