Originally Posted by Cowboybart
Originally Posted by wytex

One of the biggest issues or residents is how they roll every license not awarded in resident draw to NR draw for deer and pronghorn. We want those licenses put in a leftover draw for all or another resident draw before the NR draw. We would love some extra tags for deer and pronghorn before NR get to draw them.

This is the reason for the proposed legislative change. ^^^

Many WY residents (myself included) watch deer, antelope, elk and even moose out our windows on a regular basis (I don't see a lot of sheep or goats, but some do). Then we watch unethical hunters (I can name the states, but unethical hunters come from ALL states, even WY), run there SxS and ATV across the landscape, cut thru fences that are in their way, and empty 14 rounds into a running herd. The TV show says that I can kill and elk with a 6.7mm whizbang at 14593 yards, so there they are, shoot at them!!! Then went I ask a landowner that I have known for 20 years if I can hunt on his property - he says no because hunters tear up his pasture and push elk thru his fence, and it is too expensive to repair.

WY lives in a boom or bust economy. Either the Energy industry or the Tourism industry, even the Ag industry has it's cycles. Those that choose to live here and make a living here known this and deal with it. Why not give the resident better odds at one of the joys of living here?

I think residents should get a preference. 90/10 is a little extreme.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb