Originally Posted by SLM
You both nailed it.

Everybody wants to be Instafamous. A local idiot drew a unit I use to be able to draw almost every year and killed a 300” bull. He plastered it on every social media outlet there is telling everyone how easy the unit was to draw and what a stud he was, you know the rest of the story.

Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by SLM
This is a fight that will be happening in every Western state.

There was a sh it SB this year that would have put our split at 90/10 vs the current 84/10/6, which is a BS split. BHA and NMWF put it at the front of the bill hoping residents would fall for it.

Can blame Newberg, Gohunt and all the other platforms promoting Western public land hunting IMO.

Your exactly right brother. Local kid here in town went to Montana for the first time last year. Yesterday the dummy was doing a podcast on it!! 4 of em went over and killed a truckload of 110”-120” bucks, now he’s the fuucking expert tellin every other swinging Dick how to do it..

I know "famous" podcast hosts who literally didn't know how to hunt on public land less than 10 years ago and lived east of the Mississippi. Some of them "cut their teeth" within a few miles of my house.

Now they are "pros". Most of them are this way, not all, but most.....

They know enough to talk for an hour with folks listening who haven't a clue.

Welcome to getting a tag in 2021. Personal tag strategies have changed, drastically...

I don't tell my wife where I hunt for the most part and run all photos through software to take GPS coords off of them.

I also get stalked locally. I change vehicles and UTVs and parking spots with strategy behind every move. Which usually means a really really early wakeup and a giant hike. But it's worth it to keep the idiots guessing ..

Some very famous instagrammmers wanted to play this past year. They'll be hunting in a gar hole for a few days next year at a minimum....😄

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.