Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I've been known to park my rig in a spot, then hop on my dirt bike and ride 10 miles further down a main road, hide the bike and start hiking. I've also been known to get antlers out only at night. I also am no stranger to spreading bar rumors of a huge buck in an area that I have zero intention of hunting. Stupid games a guy has to play these days, but otherwise your spots will be ruined.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

Yep. We go to great lengths to get horns out unseen. I mean, anal. I have never told the truth for hunting units. Ever. Gar hole baby.

We play epic mind games. Lots of other stuff too. Radios, faking folks out on a hill where we can be glassed, etc. List goes on..

Hell, I drive up my driveway half the time with my lights off as my neighbors monitor when I get home relative to distance to where I hunt sometimes.

On the other hand it is kind of flattering to know that folks think you're good enough to bother following around and watch for.

I'm not really even much of a trophy hunter and I still have people follow me around, and in the past have noticed some of them park near wherever I do. Total lack of morals, I guess.