We’ve been having this conversation a lot here locally.

I don’t think you can price NR elk tags so high that a quota is not filled. Then the question is, is each state ok with adding to the problem of it becoming a rich mans sport.

In NM, we have a goofy land owner authorization program, in a recent audit it found close to 75% of them are converted by NR’s. The authorizations range from the low side of $2,500 to $10,000+, this is on top of the NR lic.

Originally Posted by duckcall
I have a serious question for the resident hunters that want to see non resident numbers drop or have them pay an astronomical price that will keep people like me from making the trip anymore. Non resident fees make up a large percentage of revenue for your F&G departments, so would you be willing to have your tag fees increased by $150-200 to offset the lost revenue? Would you want your fees to stay the same and have services reduced? I am just trying to get a handle on the different perspectives, as I live in a state where non residents flock to to deer hunt, and here many of the same opinions expressed here by locals.