Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
I am not going anywhere, nor will I follow their direction or tolerate their intrusion. Perhaps I will not live to be old. That is fine. Neither will some of them.

Our generation won't see the worst of the transition. People in their mid 20s today will have it bad enough that they will start looking to get away from America in 15 years or so. In fact, I think the wisest of that generation will configure their educations in a manner that will allow them to live elsewhere.

I don’t disagree with anything you said and I feel the same way.

What degree would allow one the portability to do as you describe? I do believe one would be way AHEAD of the game if they were to “configure their education” in a way that gives them the flexibility to pull up stakes and move without worrying about forfeiting their careers or suffering a significant reduction in their standard of living.

The trades are a great way for young people to establish themselves in a career but I don’t know that other countries pay their tradesmen as well as they’re paid here.

The same as anywhere else,..STEM,....with the ability to read and write Cyrillic and speak the Slavic language of their choice.