Originally Posted by Wildcatter264
Originally Posted by 700LH
Civil war is a pipe dream that will never happen

I assume that this ^ pronouncement is based on your personal opinion of what level of government-imposed servitude your like minded American citizens would tolerate.

I found 2 dissenting opinions - separated by significant time and political ideological differences - both interesting and probably more indicative of the values of American Patriots:

“Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” Patrick Henry Second Virginia Convention, St. John's Church Richmond, Virginia Mar. 23, 1775

"I say to you, this morning, that if you have never found something so dear and precious to you that you will die for it, then you aren't fit to live," Martin Luther King Atlanta’s Ebenezer Baptist Church Nov. 1967

It seems some on the 24HCF have walked further down The Road to Serfdom than I had imagined.

You're living in a fantasy world.

And to quote Martin Loofa Kang alongside Patrick Henry is a disgrace.

There will be a few more Ruby Ridge and Waco type episodes. There may even be a Marvin Heemeyer or two, But on the whole, the people in America will sheepishly accept ANYTHING that the people on TV tell them. The character for rebellion simply is not there. It exists in the hearts of a few of us, scattered about here and there, but too few and far between.