Originally Posted by JJHACK
Mark, I've gotta copy this and save it. We'll see if you still feel the same in a year or so! Look at the feed nightmare the shortmags have had! This to me to be a really big "short mag"

I am not understanding the attraction to a "lighter" rifle with the same power as the 375HH. One of the incredible benifits of the old 375HH is that it's the most powerful rifle cartridge you can shoot for your investment in felt recoil.

So we lose that feature, The wonderful long taperd feed and extract case design, ammo available nearly anyplace you would want a rifle like this, the sloppy to unrealistic CRF function of Ruger rifles.

If you're really serious about spending the money on a rifle cartridge that will likely save your life, who picks this one over the old faithfull 100% reliable and 100 years of proven performance Holland and Holland?

On another note I have serious doubts that it will shoot a 270 grain bullet at 2800fps or a 300 at 2600fps without pressure issues. How are you going to get more powder in a case with less capacity? I would suggest it will meet original 375HH factory spec, but not what can be realized with handloads in that 375HH.

Now the upside is that Ruger will make money on this. It keeps them in business and we need every American rifle maker pumping out guns to stay afloat. For that I hope it sells like crazy. I want it to be a success and see great use across the globe. I'm just not believing all the Hype surrounding it right now. I suppose there are already too many little guns flooding the market. Why not go for the bigger ones.

Ruger is certainly the leader in new releases today. From the little 17 caliber up to the 458 Lott and several unique big bore handguns. I give them credit for the effort!

I absolutely had to bring this back to life. "Answer to a question no one is asking" hahaha now look at it.

It's also funny that people thought it was a necked up .300WM lol