A fat, beltless cartridge that fits in a standard-length action? What possible advantage could that provide? Oh, wait, never mind - that�s just what I�ve been wanting! I anticipate the cartridge will be a success and will generate more than a few offspring over the coming years.

The short mags never did interest me but the concept of FBMs (Fat, Beltless Magnums) that fit standard-length actions have. I�ve been hoping for some time that Ruger would chamber the Dakota cartridges, or at least the .338 and .375. While I wanted a Ruger in a FBM, the RUMs don�t fit the Ruger standard action and I didn�t want a 9-1/2 or 10-pound Ruger Magnum.

I think there is much to be said for a fat, heavy bullet traveling at moderate velocities, which is one reason I like my .375 Winchester and .45-70. It�s also why I like the concept of the .338 Federal and .338-06. The Ruger .375 will not be in the same class as the RUM, but that�s quite OK with me as it comes in a more practical package.

Let�s see � a .375 Ruger initially � what could be next � a .338 Ruger? I like it!

Perhaps it is a bit of common sense infiltrating the ammo and rifle manufacturers.

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.