Maybe we should just drop the whole feed issue all togehter.
I never suggested it will not feed or extract all ways, or forever, or 100% of the time.

The design of the HH cartridge was superior to all other cases ever made in the freaking history of firearms for feed and eject functions. Making a case with a rebated rim? (is that the case?) and a short neck with a long shell case bearing surface is not as functional as the 375HH case is. Especially in conditions where it's in a tough environment , or stressful.

the neck should not be shorter that the bore caliber diameter. Necks tend to be much shorter in these "new" cartridges. I believe they generally sacrifice neck length to get velocity by virtue of increasing powder capacity.

Try keeping the bullets in the shell under recoil with that short neck. It's already an issue with a long neck!

Some of these cartridges incorporate a rebated rim to accomodate a standard magnum faced bolt. This is often the cause of feeding problems for the cartridge

If the whole point is just another elk rifle that's great go for it, have fun. The post originally expressed that this would be a good Alaska bear rifle or for Africa.

I simply do not agree at all where life and limb are concerned that this comes close to the solution we already had.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)